Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 38-Beer 38 Ephemere Flavoured Ale, Unibroue, Chambly, Quebec

It's Friday night and Camp Tiger for another fish fry and some country music by Richard Robins and crew. It's great entertainment. Tonight's beer is very different Ephemere Ale is brewed with apple juice, coriander and curacao peels. My friends know me and I have always said it you have to add fruit to a beer to make it taste could it shouldn't be made or drank but we'll see. When you pour it looks like apple cider, slightly hazy and golden yellow with very little head and not a lot of carbonation. You could definitely smell and it tastes like bad apple juice. A little tang of green apple mixed with a bit of sweetness from the malt. Not very good, it seemed stale and flat so I checked the bottle. It had a best before of 3/10/13, so it was past its prime. Maybe if it was fresh I might score it a little higher but not much, 2.8 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment