Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21 - Beer 21 400 Pound Monkey, Left Hand brewing Co.

Hoppy days are here again, maybe? We had a great euchre game tonight with some Merkins (Doug and Judy), from Hio, so to speak. Learned how to deal Merkin style, not like those Canucks. Had lots of warm ups and some "apple pie",so hopefully it didn't effect my taste buds too much. However, I was a little disappointed tonite with my beer. Left-handers usually do things better, but 400 Pound Monkey rated a mere 3.1 out of 5. I really enjoy a good IPA, but this one missed the mark. It poured a hazy straw gold colour with almost no head and a little floating lace. There was virtually no aroma emanating from the glass of beer. As for flavour it was not outstanding in its class, mild hops and spices and little of the citrus bang that is required for a true IPA. The striking bitterness of a hoppy IPA just wasn't there. I think this Monkey should go on a big diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment