Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 25-Beer 25 60 Minute IPA, Dogfish Head Craft Brewers

And my beer went hop hop hopping along... Our friends Lynn and Phylis sent me this picture of last night. They wanted to know if I really enjoyed the entertainment or had I just spent a little too long in the 19th hole???? Anyhow back to the task at hand today's beer from Milton Delaware. Before we start to taste the beer first we must ask the question, how long does it take to make a great IPA. 90 Minute IPA was pretty good, one of the best I have had, so can one do just as good in 60 minutes, I guess we'll find out. What makes it a 60 minute IPA according to Dogfish Head is that the 60 hops are continuously added during a 60 minute boil in order to produce the beer. The beer pours a nice clear yellow-amber colour, with good head and really nice lacing.The aroma is very hoppy, with nice citrus overtones On first sip, it's noticeably tastier than a lot of IPA but not a spicy as their 90 minute IPA. It was slightly sweet with a moderate amount of hops bitterness. An fairly outstanding IPA , I'd rate it a 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment