Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 30-Beer 30 Sea Dog Raspberry Beer, Sea Dog Brewing Co., Portland Maine

A little late writing this one up but the Internet was down last night. I have always said that if you have to add fruit to a beer you probably shouldn't drink it. Anyhow, this one wasn't too bad. It poured a nice clear golden colour with a hint of red. It produce a nice effervescent head but it dissipated very quickly. All you could smell was raspberry and the taste, a little sweet for me, was raspberry all the way. It reminded me of drinking a cooler, but I don't think I could drink two of these in one setting. My wife and Dolores split one, and they both thought it was very good. Dolores who said she does not like beer at all really enjoyed it and thought it would be a great beer to have on a real hot day by the pool. Overall, 3.2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment