Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 PresqueIsle, Erie Brewing Co.

Here we go, had a few warm-ups first. It was a little cool today in Florida so I had a couple of Yuengling amber lagers (a fairly good big brewery beer from America's oldest brewery in PA). However I am starting my tour close to home in Eire PA. My day number 1 is PresqueIsle Pilsner. It's made by Eire Brewing Co. I hope my taste buds were not overly effected by the warm ups but it didn't have a lot of flavour. It was not your typical European Pilsner and was a little cloudy for my liking. Looking at it you might think is was a wheat beer knock off. I'd only give it a rating of 2.5 out of 5. It is quite light with a slight hint of hops and very little after taste. It had very little head and what it did have disappeared after only a few sips. The label on the bottle was quite nice with a beautiful old sailing ship, unfortunately the beer would not have been missed if it had sank with the ship in the war of 1812. I think today's winner was my warm up Yeungling. Oh well I have three hundred and sixty four more to try. It's a hard life but someone has to do it.

Happy new year to all, bottoms up


No comments:

Post a Comment